海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 吴越JJ请进,关于你下面的简介及其它
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 吴越JJ请进,关于你下面的简介及其它   
Rockies

头衔: 海归少校

头衔: 海归少校
声望: 学员

加入时间: 2006/03/14
文章: 135

海归分: 27910

文章标题: 吴越JJ请进,关于你下面的简介及其它 (2054 reads)      时间: 2006-8-24 周四, 07:02   

作者:Rockies海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

看到你的主贴就在想要不要砸砖头……像ferncrest说的“有些地方不像native English”。我觉得不是英语的问题,是写作的基本功上的问题(OMG,得罪了millions)。Say,

"The beautiful scenery of San Francisco, the most romantic city on the west coast, also makes this novel more intriguing to read. "

This is a very poorly constructed, dumbly unconvincing phrase. The charm of San Francisco? That's such a weak selling point to American readers (if there are to be). You'd have got better than that!
You were not THINKING the right way. hwarrensen at least got on the right track.

It's easy to be a writer these days. But it's ever hard to be a good one. Believe me, it takes a lot more, and you'll have to find out whether you've got it or not, eventually.
Of course skills can grow. You may wanna sit down and read some more English classics (not for your English, but for writing skills). I have an old book handy, "Subject and Structure", Little Brown 1970. That's one of those to train advanced writers - if you can find one like this.

Yep, this post is going to offend many. I'm leaving for SF tonight and hiding for a few days. So I won't resurface till it's safe here Smile

作者:Rockies海归茶馆 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
最近比较忙,好久没有贴歌了,这茶馆快要和隔壁98一样了(吴越MM请进) 海归茶馆 2005-1-11 周二, 03:50
请教,九哥的女人都遍布在哪几个国家? 海归酒吧 2014-10-11 周六, 19:18
请教,A股中国银行(601988)的预期 谈股论金 2014-8-05 周二, 14:04
木辛大侠请进,德国法律好像有个“见死不救(hilflos lassen)”罪 海归商务 2014-5-31 周六, 12:06
请教,这是骗子吗? 海归主坛 2014-3-26 周三, 15:18
请教,有没有必要设立公司在保税区 海归商务 2014-3-06 周四, 00:12
请教, 生活风情 2013-12-05 周四, 23:01
月白风清妹妹请进,站短看了吗?喜欢你的文风,热烈期待你的美好故事啊。 海归酒吧 2013-9-10 周二, 00:00

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 Rockies离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归茶馆           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.