海归网首页   海归宣言   导航   博客   广告位价格  
海归论坛首页 会员列表 
收 藏 夹 
论坛帮助 
登录 | 登录并检查站内短信 | 个人设置 论坛首页 |  排行榜  |  在线私聊 |  专题 | 版规 | 搜索  | RSS  | 注册 | 活动日历
主题: 真正的活雷锋,是在奥地利
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙
  阅读上一个主题 :: 阅读下一个主题
作者 真正的活雷锋,是在奥地利   
ceo/cfo
[博客]
[个人文集]

头衔: 海归中将

头衔: 海归中将
声望: 院士
性别: 性别:男
加入时间: 2004/11/05
文章: 12941

海归分: 491633

文章标题: 真正的活雷锋,是在奥地利 (2021 reads)      时间: 2010-2-16 周二, 09:11

作者:ceo/cfo海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

Rabeder Says Money
'Prevents Happiness'
Research tells us great wealth doesn't bring great happiness.

Yet you don't see many people giving up their fortunes to be happier. Sure, there is philanthropy. But most donors tide away enough to ensure that their children and grandchildren will be supremely wealthy even after their charitable gifts.

Then there is Karl Rabeder. The Austrian millionaire is putting the theory to the test, giving up all of his wealth, estimated at $4.5 million, in hopes of being happier.

So he is selling the villa in the Alps, a farmhouse in Provence, planes, luxury cars and antiques. His plan is to give all the money to his microfinance charities in Latin America and live in a small wooden hut in the mountains.

"My idea is to have nothing left. Absolutely nothing," he told the Daily Telegraph. "Money is counterproductive. It prevents happiness to come.

"I come from a very poor family, where the rules were to work more to achieve more material things, and I applied this for many years," he said. "More and more I heard the words: 'Stop what you are doing now—all this luxury and consumerism—and start your real life."'

He said that for many years he wasn't "brave" enough to give up his lifestyle. His epiphany came on a three-week vacation in Hawaii.

"It was the biggest shock in my life, when I realized how horrible, soulless and without feeling the five-star lifestyle is," he said. "In those three weeks, we spent all the money you could possibly spend. But in all that time, we had the feeling we hadn't met a single real person—that we were all just actors."

On a later trip to Latin America, he said he realized he had an obligation to help the poor. "If I don't do it now I won't do it for the rest of my life," he said.

Still, he doesn't judge those who want to keep their wealth.

"I do not have the right to give any other person advice," he said. "I was just listening to the voice of my heart and soul."

—The Wealth Report

作者:ceo/cfo海归商务 发贴, 来自【海归网】 http://www.haiguinet.com

相关主题
俺真正崇拜这样的活雷锋,连日记都不写。嘻嘻 (转载) 海归商务 2011-12-21 周三, 23:57
【笑了您就顶 -- 辛苦转贴不求回报但求您一笑 -- 东北人都是活雷锋之一... 海归主坛 2008-6-12 周四, 01:12
他娘的,想谦虚一把都不行,见义勇为的活雷锋在此! 海归酒吧 2007-2-04 周日, 04:43
[闲聊]对年轻人的培训。当然,活雷锋不用指望,但是人家有教会这个东西,回报... 海归论坛 2006-5-07 周日, 02:38
ZT: 【华夏文摘】解滨:美国有多少活雷锋? 海归商务 2012-3-28 周三, 19:54
学雷锋,做好事,做个好LM,把 juliet 每每的照片提上来。 海归酒吧 2007-10-16 周二, 09:31
雷锋,是应该消失了?一个留美海龟博士的困惑 海归论坛 2007-3-03 周六, 23:02
For Dongbeilaoge:《东北人都是活雷锋》 海归论坛 2003-12-10 周三, 02:31

返回顶端
阅读会员资料 ceo/cfo离线  发送站内短信
显示文章:     
回复主题   printer-friendly view    海归论坛首页 -> 海归商务           焦点讨论 | 精华区 | 嘉宾沙龙 | 白领丽人沙龙 所有的时间均为 北京时间

论坛转跳:   
不能在本论坛发表新主题, 不能回复主题, 不能编辑自己的文章, 不能删除自己的文章, 不能发表投票, 您 不可以 发表活动帖子在本论坛, 不能添加附件不能下载文件, 
   热门标签 更多...
   论坛精华荟萃 更多...
   博客热门文章 更多...

海归网二次开发,based on phpbb
Copyright © 2005-2024 Haiguinet.com. All rights reserved.